December 4, 2021

Otto Wallin says Dillian Whyte must PROVE he is injured after pulling out with shoulder problem

Otto Wallin claims Dillian Whyte must PROVE he is injured after pulling out of their bout with a shoulder problem and urges the Body Snatcher to be ‘true to his word’ and fight him amid fears he could move on and face Tyson Fury 

  • Otto Wallin has called on an independent doctor to prove Dillian Whyte is injured
  • The Pair were set to meet in the ring next weekend but it has now been cancelled
  • Whyte picked up a shoulder injury and his wait for a title shot continues  











Otto Wallin has called on Dillian Whyte to be examined by an independent doctor following the cancellation of their fight earlier in the week. 

The pair were set to meet in the ring next weekend but Whyte was forced to pull out after picking up a shoulder injury in training.  

Wallin has now called on an independent doctor to prove Whyte is injured and admitted he was frustrated as he was desperate to step into the ring with the ‘Body Snatcher’. 

Otto Wallin has called on an independent doctor to prove Dillian Whyte is injured 

Whyte's long wait for a title shot goes on after pulling out of the fight with Otto

Whyte’s long wait for a title shot goes on after pulling out of the fight with Otto 

Speaking on SecondsOut, Wallin said: ‘They have the right to withdraw from the fight if he’s injured, but they’ve gotta prove the injury.

‘I’m not saying it’s not real, but please have an independent doctor look at him so we can all know.’

He then added: ‘I’m here to fight him, I wanna fight him. He’s been given a lot of credit for fighting tough guys, now he’s gotta be true to his word.’

The feeling of frustration was mutual with Whyte who admitted:  ‘I am devastated as I had a great camp, and had great sparring.

‘I was looking forward to knocking Wallin out and would have done so in the first half of the fight.

Whyte might have been the mandatory challenger to WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury

Whyte might have been the mandatory challenger to WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury

‘I am devastated about not being able to fight on October 30 but I want to thank everyone for all of their support.’

Had the Brixton fighter been able to beat Wallin, he would’ve had a clear path to be the mandatory challenger to WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury – having waited over 600 days for his opportunity. 

It remains to be seen whether the fight will be rearranged and how long Whyte will be sidelined with his injury.

Source link